A DIYER and thoughtful mother decided to give her adult kids the gift of a tiny home.
Rather than have them fork out tons of cash for a mortgage, she created living spaces in her backyard out of sheds.
Raelene Cleveland (tiktok.com/@raeraebrows”>@raeraebrows) jump started her kids’ independent lifestyles by building them their own homes.
But rather than have them move off too far away, she put them right in her backyard.
Behind the screened-in pool next to the main house were two adorable tiny houses.
Although made out of sheds, they were complete with front doors, windows, portable AC units, outdoor lighting, front porch steps, and decorative plants.
One of the sheds even had a shade sail outside – ideal for sunny days.
“It’s a start. I’ve added two new living spaces without having to add onto my house,” she wrote in the caption, noting that the whole family loves the sheds.
Her ingenuity and crafty skills garnered praise from others.
“This is a great compromise. Everyone has their own space! I’m happy to see parents that understand how hard things are right now,” one wrote, echoing Raelene’s take on the economy.
“You just gave me the idea to do this! I have three boys and I refuse for them to fail,” admitted another.
“Rents are outrageous and this is a great idea. Plus, they’re safe,” a third praised.
- I'm an interior designer - 4 things making your home look cheap, including the work which is 'DIY, not in a cute way'
- I'm an interior designer - our 'secret weapon' to add instant dimension and warmth to your home, it's pure perfection
- Shop the Amazon Glass Purse Flower Vases Trending on TikTok
- Little-known but efficient, geothermal pumps a different way to heat and cool your house
- Thousands flee their homes as heavy rain lashes Beijing