Now in its 12th year, the award is run by london/” data-ylk=”slk:New London Architecture;elm:context_link;itc:0″ class=”link “New London Architecture, showcasing the diversity and character of the properties being redesigned in London.
The homes in the shortlist embraced the ‘Green Ambitions’ theme, with a focus on improving the sustainable credentials of the city’s homes. There’s also a nod to the importance of our spaces supporting our wellbeing, with an emphasis on promoting better access to surrounding nature, more daylight, mood-enhancing colours and maximising space for compact living.
From the shortlist of 15, there are eight winners, whose projects particularly impressed the judges. See the results below.
- The Don’t Move, Improve! Home of the Year 2023: The Secret Garden Flat by Nic Howett Architect
- Under £100k Prize: Colour Casing by District. Architects
- Environmental Leadership Prize: Low Energy House by Architecture for London
- Urban Oasis Prize: Kitchen in the Woods by A Small Studio
- Compact Design of the Year Prize: Lubetkin Apartment by Studio naama
- Unique Character Prize: CLT House by Unknown Works
- Transformations Prize: Elizabeth Mews by Trewhela Williams
- Materiality and Craftsmanship Prize: Brückenhaus by R2 Studio Architects
Take a look at the shortlisted and winning projects in more detail…